By the Solari Team
The Columbus OH, riots differ from all of the previous “Riot Damage” reports. Almost all of the recorded riot damage happened squarely in between two large sets of Opportunity Zones. Note that the greater majority of the damage was apparently done to upscale businesses as well as Public Sector assets. Also note: Columbus does not have a Fed branch; Cleveland does.
The intensity and duration of the Columbus riots were much less. Hostilities commenced on or about May 28th (see Live USA Map in Sources: link below).
What’s the Same?
Rioters targeted Public Sector assets, police departments, courts, etc. Independent businesses, as always, were hit hard. We used the Columbus Dispatch’s property damage list, where they documented all of the damaged real estate (like our original Minneapolis Riot map).
Click on map for expanded view.
- The Columbus Dispatch: Here are the businesses that were damaged during Columbus protests
- Live USA Map Columbus OH May 28th forward…
- Red X Icon = Riot Property Damage
- Light Yellow Trapezoids = Opportunity Zones
- Red Castle = Battelle Memorial Institute
- Red Student Cap = OSU